Friday, June 10, 2011

Pea, Lettuce & Lemon Soup


So finally once in my life I've made a soup out from scratch. :)
And it came out really good, tasted really similar to the one I've tried in Suffolk. So I guess it's not a super hard soup to make after all since the ingredients are just a few and the steps were easy. If you're a non-vege lover, you disgust of vege, or you hate the colour green, then I would say this is definitely not the soup for you. Haha. So lets get to it!

I've done the recipe with reference from the 200 really easy recipes by Louise Pickford.



Recipe serves 4.
Ingredients:
Soup
2 tablespoon of butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
425g (14oz) frozen peas
2 Little Gem lettuces, roughly chopped
1 litre vegetable/ chicken stock
Grated rind and juice of lemon
salt and black pepper
Finely chopped mint 


Croutons
2 thick slices of Multigrain bread, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil

Machines(lmao)
Oven
Stove
Blender/Processor

Make sure you defrosted the peas and wash all the vegetables thoroughly alright!

(I actually have taken all the pics but they were all in my Macbook so yeah. I lost my laptop so everything went with it. Sorry guys)

 First off, prepare your chicken stock. I just used those concentrated ones and add in water to it. 7 teaspoon to 1 litre of water. Apparently I got the chinese herbal stock wan so yea, super asian taste to it, LOL, cause of the herbs and stuff, but yeah, did made the stock a little more saltier than usual.

Next, keep your chicken stock boiling, and melt your butter in another pot. Add in the finely chopped onions after it had melted. Cook gently for around 5 mins until the onions had softened..

After that it's time to add in the Greens and Yellows!
Add in the peas first, give it a toss around the pan, then the lettuce, followed by the lemon juice. Then grate the lemon zest into the soup.

Add in some salt and pepper for taste then bring it to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and let it simmer for 15minutes.

At the mean time we can prepare the croutons babeh! Just cut your bread into cubes, lightly coat it with olive oil in a roasting tin, and toss them in the preheat oven (200 celcius) for 10 minutes or until golden.

When your soup is done, let it cool and then transfer it to a blender. Blend well.
Transfer it back to the pot and heat it up.


After that it's time to serve! Isn't that easy?
Top the soup with the croutons and mint!

So yeah, it's that easy! So I'm quite satisfied with the soup. Great book really! :D

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment